*The application deadline for the 2015 Shanghai Neuroeconomics Summer School is now over. Thanks to everyone who have applied*
Call for Applications:
Who can apply? How?
Senior graduate students and post-doctoral scholars in neuroscience, psychology, economics and related disciplines are invited to apply. Those interested in attending the course should submit the following materials no later than 11:59 pm EST of February 14, 2015.
- A 2-page statement indicating your motivation why you are interested in participating. In this statement, please also indicate whether you need financial aid.
- Two letters of recommendation sent by your referees: You will need to provide the email and contact information of your referee in the application page. We will email them with instructions on how they can submit an application on your behalf.
- (optional) If you request for a scholarship, please provide a one page justification indicating the level of scholarship you are requesting for and the reason for your request.
30 applicants will be selected. Selection will be based primarily on applicants’ research interests and motivation. We will also consider the balance of members' research disciplines and other factors that contribute to a diverse intellectual atmosphere. Applicants will notified by email at the beginning of March, 2015.
Costs and financial aid:
The institute will provide lodging in student housing, materials, and meals in Shanghai. The tuition cost will be $2,000 USD. Note that students will be responsible for their own travel (Airfare is NOT included in the tuition).
Limited scholarship funds will be available to underwrite reduced or free tuition for students who cannot obtain sufficient support from their home laboratories or institutions. Such scholarships must be requested with the application. You must also submit a one page statement indicating the level of scholarship you would like to apply for and justify why you need this funding.
1. I do not want to live in the student housing provided by the program . Can I find my own housing and pay less tuition?
A. The tuition will remain at $2000USD regardless of where you choose to live. We highly recommend our students to live in the lodging provided to get the full experience of the summer school program.
2. Can I apply if I am not a graduate student or Post doc scholar?
A. This program is intended for those who have either completed a PhD program, are in the process of completing a PhD, or is currently a post-doc scholars in the field of Psychology, Neuroscience, Economics and related disciplines.
3. Will there be on-site registration?
A. No. You must submit an application by February 14th, 2015 if you want to be considered for the program.
For other questions regarding the application process please contact:
Echo Wang (Program Coordinator)